Millennium Surgery Center (MSC) is dedicated to providing the best possible care and service to our patients in a cost effective manner. We regard the patient’s prompt handling of their financial responsibility as essential to ensure that we can provide quality services. To reduce any misunderstanding or confusion, we have adopted the following policy.
Payment options if you have insurance:
MSC has made prior arrangements with most insurance companies and health plans to accept assignment of benefits. We will file a claim with insurance companies. Please be advised that unreported changes in medical insurance could result in billing delays, rejections and personal responsibility for the services provided.
- Prepare to pay your deductible, co-pay and any determined out-of-pocket portions at the time of service.
- Bring your current insurance information to each visit. Failure to provide complete and accurate insurance information may result in patient responsibility for the entire bill. It is your responsibility to understand your insurance benefits.
- In the event that your health plan considers the service to be a “non-covered” benefit, you will be responsible for the charges at the time of service. If we are unable to verify coverage, you will be asked to sign a waiver (written acknowledgement) that these charges may not be covered and you will be responsible for prompt payment of the uncovered services.
- You should understand that your failure to meet your financial obligations to MSC may include (but is not limited to) additional actions such as written correspondence, collection activities, reporting to outside credit bureaus and termination of your patient relationship with MSC.
- Payment options if you have no insurance: Payment is expected on the day that treatment is rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. You can pay by cash, check, Care Credit and Major Credit Cards. Alternative payment plans may be available for those patients who qualify (when made prior to your appointment).You may inquire about this with an MSC financial representative at our office.
- Minors: The parent(s) or guardian(s) accompanying a minor are responsible for payment. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to be treated. Any exception requires the parent or legal guardian to provide MSC, prior to treatment, a signed “Authorization” to provide medical treatment.
- Monthly Statement: If you have a balance on your account you will be billed promptly. The total amount due from you will be summarized at the bottom of the statement. Unless we approve other arrangements in writing, the balance on your statement is due upon receipt. Accounts must be paid in full within 90 days.
- Billing Fees: Collection fee of $50 per transaction will be assessed for returned or non-sufficient funds checks. Further collection activity and late charges can be avoided by the timely payment of your account.